The Province of Brescia presents a wide range of different sceneries varying from the vast plains, which are furrowed by rivers, to the hills that border on the shores of the lakes, before changing into higher and higher mountains, as one goes northwards. In this territory of special interest are the three main alpine lakes: Garda, Iseo and Idro; the Valle Camonica, crossed by the river Oglio; the Valle Trompia and the lower plains.
· Vittoriale: Gabriele D'Annunzio's residence; in summer there are performances of plays or ballets at its open-air theatre.
· Limonaie: citrus orchards arranged in terraces and flanked with houses, overlooking the lake.
· Natural Park of the upper part of Lake Garda.
· Valvestino: picturesque villages lie in an oasis of peace and vegetation.
· Valtenesi: a district that is strewn with castles and rustic hamlets among a cultivation of olives and vines.
· Desenzano: one of the most famous centres of Lake Garda. There are several places of interest, including the ancient Roman villa with its rich polychrome mosaics, and the Municipal Archaeological Museum.
· Historic Hills. The morainic amphitheatre provides an itinerary of special historic interest in connection with the Risorgimento.
· Sirmione is situated on a tiny, narrow peninsula. The beauty of the place its thermal springs, the archaeological area with the "Grotte di Catullo" (remains of a Roman villa), the castle built by the Scaligeri family, the narrow streets with many shops and boutiques have made it very picturesque.
- the lower Garda area, with UNESCO world heritage pile-dwellings.
· The Oldofredi Castle: one of Iseo's outstanding places of interest. Now it is a cultural institute.
· The peat Swamps of Iseo: an area of water surrounded with trees and marshweeds, unique of its kind; late in spring water-lilies flower there. At Provaglio the ancient Abbey of San Pietro in Lamosa dominates the peat-bogs.
· Montisola is connected with the Brescian shore of the lake by ferry-boats from Sulzano, Iseo and Sale Marasino. the tourist discovers Montisola by walking among olive-groves and picturesque hamlets, inhabited by fishermen and net-makers. On the top of the mountain is the Santuario della Madonna della Ceriola.
· The "Piramidi d'erosione" at Zone. The village of Zone can be reached by road from Marone. The erosion pyramids, heaps of detrituseroded by water in the shape of spires, with a large stone on top, are worthy of note.
· Franciacorta is a hilly region in the hinterland of Lake Iseo. In its villages, villas and castles deserve attention. A very important place occupies this district's production of high quality wines and the sparkling wines Franciacorta DOCG, made with the traditional method.
LAKE IDRO AND THE SABBIA VALLEY
· The "Rocca d'Anfo" is a fortress built by the Venetians.
· The "Rocca di Sabbio Chiese" is an ancient fortress situated on an isolated rock as a shelter against plunderers' forays. Recently, it has been transformed into a sanctuary with two churches superimposed one upon the other.
· Bagolino has picturesque old stone houses piled against one another along the principal street. It is famous for its Carnival fair with musicians and dancers performing folk dances.
THE TROMPIA VALLEY
- the Via del Ferro from Valle Trompia to Brescia , industrial archaeological itineraries that focus on ironworking: mining, ancient trip hammers and forges
· Gardone Valtrompia is world-famous for its production of chased sports rifles and fire-arms.
· Peaceful summer and winter resorts: pleasant walks in the mountains.
THE CAMONICA VALLEY
· Darfo Boario is a very relaxing thermal resort.
· Breno: the chief town of the valley. Its medieval Castle deserves attention.
· XVIIth century drop hammers for ironwork at Bienno.
· Cerveno. This rustic village is famous for its "Via Crucis" (Way of the Cross) in wood, in its Parish Church.
· Historiated rocks are to be found in the "Parco Nazionale delle incisioni rupestri" ("National Park of Rock Engravings") at Naquane. 30000 figures are engraved on stone at Capodiponte. It is the largest patrimony of drawings left by a pre-historic people.
· Ponte di Legno is the starting point to many possible itineraries and climbs. Furthermore, it is possible to go skiing in summer on the snow-fields of Mount Presena.
· Wild natural Park of the Adamello group (3554 metres, i.e. 11,660 ft.) and "Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio" ("National Park of the Stelvio").
THE BRESCIAN PLAIN
· Montichiari: the Castle and the Church of S. Pancrazio are worthy of note.
· Chiari. The Pinacoteca Repossi (Repossi Art Gallery) is a place of artistic interest in this town, with paintings and prints by Lombard and Venetian artists.
· Orzinuovi: there is a castle with remains of Venetian fortifications.
· Borgo S. Giacomo: in the hamlet of Padernello there is a medieval castle with a ditch.
· The River Oglio:the area that lies between Palazzolo and Pontevico is a Natural Park.