Only the 18th-century bell-tower remains of the original monastery of Sant'Agostino. The façade, which was re-built in the 15th century (of brick and stone in horizontal bands), was later altered by the addition of other buildings, leaving visible only the terracotta pinnacles on the west side. The 18th-century façade and entrance overlook via Cairoli. The interior was decorated with trompe-l'oeil baroque frescoes from 1747 onwards. The church contains several beautiful works of art, including the 18th-century high altar, decorated in polychrome marble, with statues by Antonio Callegari situated on both sides of the altar-piece by Giambettino Cignaroli, and, next to it, “The Tomb of Saint Titian” from the first half of the 16th century. The 15th century cloister, called "della Memoria" by the Brescian poet Angelo Canossi in 1923, has the names of those Brescians who died for their fatherland inscribed on its columns.
CHURCH OF THE SAINTS COSMA E DAMIANO