Comune di Brescia tourism website: useful information about what to see and where to go.

  • English
  • Français
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Italiano

Church of the Saints Nazaro and Celso

Fri, 19/10/2012 - 16:24 -- Camilla
Tipologia: 
Brescia, chiesa dei Santi Nazaro e Celso
This 15th-century church was completely re-designed by Giuseppe Zinelli and Antonio Marchetti in the second half of the 18th century and given a monumental, classical style. Inside is to be found one of the most important paintings in the city, which should not be missed: the “Averoldi Polyptych” in the presbytery, owes its name to Altobello Averoldi, who commissioned it from Titian in 1520-22. Also note-worth are the altar-pieces by Moretto (above the third altar on the right and the fourth altar on the left) and the organ panels by Romanino in the sacristy.
 

CHURCH OF THE SAINTS NAZARO E CELSO
Corso Matteotti
Brescia

 

Galleria: