The church was completely restored between the end of the 16th century and 1471. In 1517 the Dominicans took possession of the monastery and gave it a magnificent appearance. In 1836 Rodolfo Vantini transformed the interior along neo-classical lines and added a large barrel vault. The altars along the nave are enriched with important works by Moretto, who is buried here: ”St. Ursula and the virgins”, ”St. Catherine taking the veil”, ”The offering of bread and wine made to Abraham by Melchisedech”, “Holy conversation with Saints Catherine, Dominic, Clement, Florian, Mary Magdalen and the martyr saints”. There is also the “Resurrection of Christ between St. Clement and St. Teresa” by Romanino.
CHURCH OF S. CLEMENTE
Vicolo san Clemente, 8