The church is situated on the green slopes of the Cidneo hill, inside the monastery of the Carmelite friars, not far from the Castle. The 16th-century façade in Botticino marble was designed by the architect Antonio Medaglia from Como and is decorated with statues of the apostles Peter and Paul set into niches. The Renaissance-style interior is harmonious: the nave is flanked with chapels situated behind columns whose arches are decorated with bas-reliefs; it leads up to the chancel which is embellished with large canvases (1566) by the Brescian painter Ricchino. The lunette above the organ contains a splendid painting by Andrea Celesti (1690-1700). From the eastern gallery, next to the two 16th-century cloisters, one has a fine view of the city and its plain.
CHURCH OF S. PIETRO IN OLIVETO
Via del Castello