The church, re-built in the 18th century (c.1745), is preceded by a small churchyard enclosed by a wrought-iron railings with marble pilasters surmounted by cherubs and pairs of entwined dolphins. Inside the church, four paintings by Antonio Paglia along the sides of the nave (1741). A delicate wrought-iron balustrade seems to embrace the high altar on which stands an artistic tabernacle set with lapis-lazuli and precious stones. Scenes representing the Bishop St. Zeno's life can be seen in the 18th-century choir stalls.
CHURCH OF S. ZENO AL FORO
Piazza del Foro