The sober, late 16th-century façade of the church contrasts with the interior, which was refurbished in the 18th century. “The mass of Saint Apollonio” (c.1525) by Romanino above the second altar on the right, “Saint Catherine taking the veil” by Luca Mombello (from the school of Moretto) next to the presbytery, and “Mary on her visit to Elizabeth” (1525) by Callisto Piazza from Lodi, above the high altar, should be admired. On the left a masterpiece by Moretto “The Dinner at the Pharisee Levi's House” (c.1550) deserves attention.
CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA IN CALCHERA
Piazzetta S. Maria in Calchera, 5