The building of this church was begun in 1429 and took fifty years to complete. The brick façade, overlooking a narrow street, is majestic and elegant with its slender brick pinnacles. The beautiful marble portal, decorated with bas-reliefs, incorporates a lunette with a fresco by Floriano Ferramola representing the “Annunciation”. There are several works of art inside the church. The “Mourning of Christ's death” has polychrome terracotta statues with intense, tragic expressions, the work of a 16th century sculptor from Lombardy or Emilia.
CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA DEL CARMINE
Contrada Carmine / Vicolo Manzone, 7