The Luca Marenzio College of Music is located in the former Augustinian monastery of San Barnaba. On the inside it presents an elegant cloister and the exquisite Salone da Cemmo, the ancient library painted with frescoes in 1490 by Pietro da Cemmo. On the western wall there is the Canonization of Saint Augustine, a coloured fresco; on the eastern and southern walls there is the Allegory of Saint Augustine, a monochrome fresco like the round and rectangular medallions with figures of saints. Note the fine wooden coffered ceiling that makes the room even more precious in its decorations. Next to the Conservatory there is the Baroque façade of the convent church of San Barnaba (today is an Auditorium), built in 1675. Decorated with two architectural orders, completed by a parapet, ornated by fruit festoons and statues of saints in niches, the façade presents the crest of the Augustinians inside the broken pediment above the portal.
LUCA MARENZIO COLLEGE OF MUSIC
Piazzetta Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli, 1