Comune di Brescia tourism website: useful information about what to see and where to go.

  • English
  • Français
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Italiano

Tags : Giorgio Massari

Brescia, Chiesa di Santa Maria della Pace

This church was built between 1720 and 1746, when it was consecrated by Bishop Angelo Maria Querini. Although the façade was left unfinished, the interior is considered one of the finest examples of 18th century architecture - a masterpiece of the Venetian Giorgio Massari. The long nave has a cupola in the middle and large chapels on both sides. The interior space is measured out by columns which give the church a solemn air; the splendid frescoes and decorations do not detract from the harmony of the architectural design.

Subscribe to Tags