Comune di Brescia tourism website: useful information about what to see and where to go.

  • English
  • Français
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Italiano

Tags : Loggia

The Palace of the Loggia

The present loggia was built to replace the previous one built between 1434 and 1436.

Piazza della Loggia
It is the most beautiful square in Brescia and was inaugurated in 1433.
It is dominated by the magnificent Renaissance Palace of the Loggia, nowadays the town hall. Its building began in 1492. The upper part was finished circa 1570 to the design of Jacopo Sansovino and Andrea Palladio. The splendid decorative sculpture that adorns the palace is in classical style.
On the south side, the 15th and 16th century façades of the Monti di Pietà  are worthy of note as tombstones and other pieces of Roman stonework have been set into their walls.
Subscribe to Tags