The church was completely reconstructed in the 18th century to the design of Domenico Carbone. The façade (1776) has typically classical lines. The vault is decorated with trompe-l'oeil frescoes and three paintings by Sante Cattaneo. The high altar, where works by the sculptor Antonio Callegari may be admired, is an example of Lombard rococo with its abundance of decoration. Among the paintings, the ‘Martyrdom of Sant'Afra” by Paolo Veronese deserves special mention.